Family members include, the First Order, the Second Order, Third Order Regular and Secular Franciscan Order. All orders are originated from Saint Francis of Assisi and Saint Clare. They are formed according to the spiritual gifts empowered at different times, and in various ideologies in respective to the social environment. However, all orders adhere to the teachings and spiritual disciplines of the founders, and constitutions approved by the Church in the course of history.
Today, there are more than 1.2 million members of the Franciscan family
around the world.
Under Hong Kong Diocese, we have First Order
– Order of Friars Minor (OFM)
– Order of St. Clare (OSC)
Third Order Regular
– Franciscan Missionaries of Mary (FMM),
– Missionary Sisters of Our Lady of the Angels (MNDA),
– Franciscan Missionary Sisters of Our Lady of Sorrow (OSF)
Third Order Secular
– Secular Franciscan Order (OFS)